Welcome
Welcome to sgplayers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

In Regards to the Issue that happened on Sunday GPT

Chat and discuss any Magic the Gathering MtG stuffs here! (Only registered members may post). Based in Singapore

Moderators: darkmatter, Dystopian, Magik, cowiedog

Re: In Regards to the Issue that happened on Sunday GPT

Postby mtgtaikomint » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:24 am

To all parties, I urge you to stop posting destructive replies, be it to this thread or to the original. All these mudslinging is not doing anyone any good.

Pluggie, I'm sorry that something like this happened to you, and I can understand your frustration at how things turned out. I've spoken to Ian regarding this incident. I've given him feedback, that he should have addressed this with you privately after the match, rather than let ill feelings fester to this extent. He has taken this feedback to heart, and I'm sure he'll be more careful going forward. Nevertheless, if you'd still like to pursue this issue, please contact me or any other L2 judge, and we'll direct you to the appropriate channel.
Yes I am Chin Kai the judge, in case you're wondering.

Mobile/WhatsApp: 93B32OSS ***PREFERRED MODE OF CONTACT***
Email: ongchinkai AT gmail DOT com
mtgtaikomint
Sergeant

Postby april_sebastian » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:50 am

goblinking wrote:
bochup wrote:Lol. Your story quite funny leh. Player A found something wrong then he called judge wat, u give him warning. Then if i'm Player B, if i really cheated, i confirm act blur wat. Then talk about insufficient evidence, 4 cards is almost 7% of ur deck lor, still nt enuff? Ur clearly objective decision nvr use common sense one meh?

Suddenly one new account, flaming the judge....
The judge clearly explained his actions, apologized ahead for any of his wrongdoings.....
If this judge has multiple instances of poor judging then the respective higher level judges can be requested to investigate further....
For now please identify urself if u wan to speak so liberally....

The king went for mountainwalk
Take a look at my post viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1024 or my personal website http://ballburst.weebly.com/
april_sebastian
Staff Sergeant

Postby sLaCk™ » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:01 am

lianlian85 wrote:Mike for ur info at the point of time both did not indicate wat turn was it and some statement did not tally during the point of time

HAHAKUKU wrote:
killua23 wrote:
Marilyn_manson wrote:How did anyone conclude that there's extra cards when no one knows what turn it was.

+1

mtgtaikomint wrote:To all parties, I urge you to stop posting destructive replies, be it to this thread or to the original. All these mudslinging is not doing anyone any good.

Pluggie, I'm sorry that something like this happened to you, and I can understand your frustration at how things turned out. I've spoken to Ian regarding this incident. I've given him feedback, that he should have addressed this with you privately after the match, rather than let ill feelings fester to this extent. He has taken this feedback to heart, and I'm sure he'll be more careful going forward. Nevertheless, if you'd still like to pursue this issue, please contact me or any other L2 judge, and we'll direct you to the appropriate channel.

might wana answer this
sLaCk™
Private

Postby Nicky » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:35 am

goblinking wrote:
bochup wrote:Lol. Your story quite funny leh. Player A found something wrong then he called judge wat, u give him warning. Then if i'm Player B, if i really cheated, i confirm act blur wat. Then talk about insufficient evidence, 4 cards is almost 7% of ur deck lor, still nt enuff? Ur clearly objective decision nvr use common sense one meh?

Suddenly one new account, flaming the judge....
The judge clearly explained his actions, apologized ahead for any of his wrongdoings.....
If this judge has multiple instances of poor judging then the respective higher level judges can be requested to investigate further....
For now please identify urself if u wan to speak so liberally....

Wah, Who do you think you are. People post his view must identify himself to you? Is this a forum rule or what?

mtgtaikomint wrote:To all parties, I urge you to stop posting destructive replies, be it to this thread or to the original. All these mudslinging is not doing anyone any good.

Not really. It will be good if the truth is known to everyone, whether Ian intentionally show prejudice or if it's a genuine mistake by him. If it's the former, then whenever Jcube has an event that has him as the Head Judge, we will stay away.

We want to be informed.
Nicky
Sergeant

Postby mtgtaikomint » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:00 am

I'm sorry but I'm unable to give an accurate assessment of the situation because all I have are incomplete accounts of the incident.

Having said that, an inability to account for that many extra cards in hand does warrant a thorough investigation. I believe that the judges involved had arrived at a conclusion after having conducted investigations to a reasonable degree, taking into mind other factors which we are not privy to. He has also explained the rationale behind his decision.

Overly contesting the final ruling of the HJ will result in an official penalty, as stated in the IPG. I think the player did well to suppress his frustration, although if he were still not happy with the verdict, he should've actively sought out the HJ after his match. As judges we are open to feedback anytime during the tournament, subject to time and logistic constraints; I mentioned that he could've done better by speaking to the affected player sooner, but I believe this responsibility lies with both parties.

Finally, the player may choose to escalate his concerns, if he so wishes. For that, he can approach any of the local L2+ judges, and he will be directed to the appropriate channel from that point.
Yes I am Chin Kai the judge, in case you're wondering.

Mobile/WhatsApp: 93B32OSS ***PREFERRED MODE OF CONTACT***
Email: ongchinkai AT gmail DOT com
mtgtaikomint
Sergeant

Postby booker » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:02 am

Plugie, think its best u write straight to dci, seems like some q mot ans
booker
Staff Sergeant

Postby Nicky » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Pluggie wrote:A few more things to add, you have not answered my question whether my opponent Joey Kang is from your team and your friend, if he is, do you think you are in the right position to make this decision?

I just did a search on Joey Kang and got his picture as well (botak chap? ). If so, I can confirm (from my personal knowledge) that both of them know each other (friends level) . Playgroup or not I don't know, but have seen them chatting happily at Jcube couple of times.
Nicky
Sergeant

Postby Marilyn_manson » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Nicky wrote:
Pluggie wrote:A few more things to add, you have not answered my question whether my opponent Joey Kang is from your team and your friend, if he is, do you think you are in the right position to make this decision?

I just did a search on Joey Kang and got his picture as well (botak chap? ). If so, I can confirm (from my personal knowledge) that both of them know each other (friends level) . Playgroup or not I don't know, but have seen them chatting happily at Jcube couple of times.

NPNT
Marilyn_manson
Staff Sergeant

Postby Vyrus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Marilyn_manson wrote:
Nicky wrote:

NPNT

+1
Burn your mother beat your house.
Vyrus
Recruit

Postby Nicky » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:11 pm

Alamak. Just go (1) Google, (2) Type in Joey Kang facebook, (3) choose "images" as your search result.

The botak guy should be Joey Kang liao. Familiar face in Jcube
Nicky
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: the Gathering Singapore General Chat