Welcome
Welcome to sgplayers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

In Regards to the Issue that happened on Sunday GPT

Chat and discuss any Magic the Gathering MtG stuffs here! (Only registered members may post). Based in Singapore

Moderators: darkmatter, Dystopian, Magik, cowiedog

Re: In Regards to the Issue that happened on Sunday GPT

Postby Kaiser » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:57 am

that thread closed liao, this thread should continue man.
Kaiser
Staff Sergeant

Postby Marilyn_manson » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:13 am

Kaiser wrote:that thread closed liao, this thread should continue man.

U should voice ur opinion also ma
Marilyn_manson
Staff Sergeant

Postby Kaiser » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:33 am

what is the problem ah? was away for past few days.

Is it something about mothers playing mtg or what? Nowadays people play mtg until sibei fierce, use mother to ante liao.
Kaiser
Staff Sergeant

Postby Marilyn_manson » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:57 am

Kaiser wrote:what is the problem ah? was away for past few days.

Is it something about mothers playing mtg or what? Nowadays people play mtg until sibei fierce, use mother to ante liao.

What to do. Win a box not exciting Liao. Anw something to do with ppl casting a.call in standard game la. Then judge only give him game loss. Some more never pay mana. And the opp kana warning coz never stop the guy from casting e a.call
Marilyn_manson
Staff Sergeant

Postby Nabbydian » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:48 am

Marilyn_manson wrote:
Kaiser wrote:what is the problem ah? was away for past few days.

What to do. Win a box not exciting Liao. Anw something to do with ppl casting a.call in standard game la. Then judge only give him game loss. Some more never pay mana. And the opp kana warning coz never stop the guy from casting e a.call

nowadays a.call dont need to buy liao. can cast from the air.
Nabbydian
Staff Sergeant

Postby Banedon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:17 am

Only a.holes cast a.calls in formats other than vintage.

To me, legacy de shardless agent cascade into a.vision belongs to the same group of people.
Banedon
Recruit

Postby losconquistador » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Errm i think you guys meant Opportunity.. A.Call only 3 cards.. kuchi kulat compared to free 4card draw spell :lol:

And i fail to see what shardless BUG players have to do with this.. they have to wait 4 turns or spend 4 - 7 mana for the setup unless they luck into it (even so 3-mana) :p
losconquistador
Private

Postby j0shu@ » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:09 am

Some addition thoughts from Gerald Pang

http://mtg-spot.blogspot.sg/

Wednesday, November 20, 2013The Magic Scene in Singapore
Recently, a sanctioned event (GPT Shisoska) held in CMG DG drew the ire of a some members of the community. For those of you who were not up to speed, the threads can be found at penalty-for-drawing-extra-cards-in-a-gpt-t1673.html
and in-regards-to-the-issue-that-happened-on-sunday-gpt-t1682.html.

Essentially, it was a case in which an opponent was suspected of drawing more cards than he ought to

Four to be precise. Murhur

So the matter was brought up to a judge (Ian), whom in my personal opinion...did not handle the situation adaquately. Failing to sate the desires of the reportee ( who was incidentally given a game warning too? correct me if I am wrong) , the entire situation escalated into an all out slug fest in the forums. In Ian's defence, he was a relatively new judge and a little too eager to stamp his mark. Still, the whole situation left a really sour taste in the running of the event. In the midst, it also brought out the worse of the magic scene in Singapore...and continues to showcase the horrid behind-the-scenes that continually prevent our community of players from leveling themselves up
Say NO! to SCG prices x 1.4 exchange rate!
Say YES! to One up per day!
j0shu@
Staff Sergeant

Postby Nabbydian » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:34 am

j0shu@ wrote:Some addition thoughts from Gerald Pang

http://mtg-spot.blogspot.sg/

Wednesday, November 20, 2013The Magic Scene in Singapore
Recently, a sanctioned event (GPT Shisoska) held in CMG DG drew the ire of a some members of the community. For those of you who were not up to speed, the threads can be found at penalty-for-drawing-extra-cards-in-a-gpt-t1673.html
and in-regards-to-the-issue-that-happened-on-sunday-gpt-t1682.html.

Essentially, it was a case in which an opponent was suspected of drawing more cards than he ought to

Four to be precise. Murhur

So the matter was brought up to a judge (Ian), whom in my personal opinion...did not handle the situation adaquately. Failing to sate the desires of the reportee ( who was incidentally given a game warning too? correct me if I am wrong) , the entire situation escalated into an all out slug fest in the forums. In Ian's defence, he was a relatively new judge and a little too eager to stamp his mark. Still, the whole situation left a really sour taste in the running of the event. In the midst, it also brought out the worse of the magic scene in Singapore...and continues to showcase the horrid behind-the-scenes that continually prevent our community of players from leveling themselves up

Wow...thanks for sharing...
Nabbydian
Staff Sergeant

Postby losconquistador » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:35 pm

wow he really murdered that poor stormbreath dragon :cry:
losconquistador
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: the Gathering Singapore General Chat