Welcome
Welcome to sgplayers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Penalty for drawing extra cards in a GPT?

Chat and discuss any Magic the Gathering MtG stuffs here! (Only registered members may post). Based in Singapore

Moderators: darkmatter, Dystopian, Magik, cowiedog

Re: Penalty for drawing extra cards in a GPT?

Postby j0shu@ » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:44 pm

kyouta wrote:I'm also guessing the scrylands caused the 'extra' draw. Alot of us are used to upkeep reveal for Delver, draw. Resolve for Ponder and Preordain, draw.

BUYING ALL SCRYLANDS NOW! :mrgreen:
Say NO! to SCG prices x 1.4 exchange rate!
Say YES! to One up per day!
j0shu@
Staff Sergeant

Postby NDRue » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:01 pm

j0shu@ wrote:
kyouta wrote:I'm also guessing the scrylands caused the 'extra' draw. Alot of us are used to upkeep reveal for Delver, draw. Resolve for Ponder and Preordain, draw.

BUYING ALL SCRYLANDS NOW! :mrgreen:
S> Scrylands @ SGD50ea
NDRue
Recruit

Postby Pluggie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:23 pm

bepaling wrote:Assuming your opponent kept 7 on that game and on the draw, he didn't draw extra four. Two at most, and one at best.

t1, draw (8 cards in hand), land -> elf (6 cards in hand)
t2, draw (7 cards in hand), land -> caryatid -> elf (4 cards in hand)
t3, draw (5 cards in hand), land -> blood baron (3 cards in hand)
t4, draw (4 cards in hand), land -> commune (should have left with 2 cards in hand) -> you stopped him here.

since he had 4 cards in hand, he drew extra 2. If that 4 cards in hand included the commune he cast on t4, that means he only drew one extra.

If scry lands were involved, it's within the realm of possibility he mistakenly kept the scried card (most probably t3 or t4 scry). In which case a game loss seemed like a perfectly acceptable ruling, no?

* Of course, I don't understand why you got the warning (I definitely think you should not have gotten a warning).

To clarify, when I check his hand size, he had 5 cards to my 1.

And all parties present concluded that the number of extra cards for 4.

I apologise for not being able to remember the exact sequence to give a clearer picture.
Pluggie
Corporal

Postby booker » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:10 pm

whats the point of this thread?
so long still nv post player name or judge name, post for what :roll:
booker
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mutu Raya » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:16 pm

Apparently you did not read the entire thread. The judge's name is Ian Khor.
Mutu Raya
Private

Postby booker » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:48 pm

got picture? he the head judge?

like not right lei, not following the book?

do write in to DCI, need more impartial good judges
booker
Staff Sergeant

Postby Clumsyteddybear » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Given the judge's explanation on the other thread, it would appear he did follow the rules in his decision. The only issue he has not addressed is the claim that the opponent & him are in the same Playgroup, which brings up the possibility of corruption. Then again no evidence to conclude so.
Last edited by Clumsyteddybear on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clumsyteddybear
Staff Sergeant

Postby mtgtaikomint » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Everyone, it would be great if you could reserve your judgments until you hear both sides of the story. Thank you.
Yes I am Chin Kai the judge, in case you're wondering.

Mobile/WhatsApp: 93B32OSS ***PREFERRED MODE OF CONTACT***
Email: ongchinkai AT gmail DOT com
mtgtaikomint
Sergeant

Postby dookism » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Not happy? then just send a complaint to WOTC and wait for a response or clarification. What's the point of posting here? My friends more than your friends? Flaming a fella? Telling people how to do their job? You so smart then you do lor. Who are you to comment on the standard of judges? You ever been one before? Just because a judge is nice doesn't mean that they are a good judge.

Im curious though, What is your definition of a good judge anyway? One who follows what you think is right and a bad judge is one who thinks your opponent is right?

My point is, let the authorities handle the situation. Posting such a topic on a forum and pointing fingers serves no real purpose whatsoever because nothing said here is going to change the outcome of things.
dookism
Sergeant

Postby HAHAKUKU » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:25 am

Hey dookism,
1)Not happy?
Yes, Players are not happy at the ruling given on that day, thats why we are voicing out our concerns. You dont need me to mention the affected player's name which if you never read the thread above, his name is Pluggie. I think you are the one not feeling happy, looking at the way you type your words.
2)Then just send a complaint to WOTC and wait
Yes, in case you didnt read the thread again, Pluggie is intending to do that as written.
3)Whats the point of posting here?
Again, I shall point out you to read my earlier comments. I post here to ask and clarify shit which I do not know. Else why I post in the first place?
4) My friends more than your friends?
Hmm we are not trying to play gangs here. Folks who commented here basically need some actions done. We are all MTG players, we love the game and we stand up for each other when something is not right. So if there are 'my friends more than your friends' then what are friends for? Or maybe your friend like to sit and watch show instead of helping one another, I dunno if you should call them friends in that case. Quite sad though.
5) Flaming a fella
There are always ppl who troll in forum threads and 'flaming' exist all over the world. There are always keyboard warriors and heros. So why dont you just leave them alone and let it be? Arent you one flaming here too? Oh well you like to be a keyboard hero too? Just let us know, we will let you be, its fine to be one.
6) Telling people to do their job? You so smart then you do lor.
Refer to point 5. There will always be ppl who thinks they think they sibeh 'Kiang', 'GeyGaoy'(act clever if you do not know the terms in Hokkien, like u i think). Why dont you just stay one side instead of commenting if you are not trying to be one hero again. Oh well you just like to be a hero, i guess.
7) Who are you to comment on the standard of judges? You ever been one before?
Like I had said earlier, sibeh tired to explain to you, chuan sia( tired and no breath liao). I believed they are not judges themselves so that explains your later part of the statement. They are just concern on the level of integrity and ruling part which most of them are unclear of, hence this thread.
8) Just because a judge is nice doesnt mean that they are a good judge?
Hmm so are you responding to Pluggie comments on Clifford and Jinyi that they are not good judges? Hmm I can assure you that they are and if you would to ask the whole MTG community on this, I am very certain that you will probably get the same response. Maybe I should get Clifford and Jinyi out to tramp u with your comments.
9)Im curious ....... tooo long and I am tired to type your stupid trolling comments.
You curious then go ask a good judge who you think is a good judge. But be careful your good judge maybe not be nice in your terms.
10) Final point on your stupid comment on my simple post. Oh well I think the affected personnel had spoken up if you DO read other threads. And thanks for for your valuable advice: Pointing fingers serves no real purpose whatsoever because nothing said here is gonna change things. This one I agree with you. Thanks for your comments on my simple thread. XieXie and oh well I became a keyboard hero cuz of you.
HAHAKUKU
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: the Gathering Singapore General Chat