Welcome
Welcome to sgplayers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Penalty for drawing extra cards in a GPT?

Chat and discuss any Magic the Gathering MtG stuffs here! (Only registered members may post). Based in Singapore

Moderators: darkmatter, Dystopian, Magik, cowiedog

Re: Penalty for drawing extra cards in a GPT?

Postby Vyrus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:50 am

HAHAKUKU wrote:Hey dookism,
1)Not happy?
Yes, Players are not happy at the ruling given on that day, thats why we are voicing out our concerns. You dont need me to mention the affected player's name which if you never read the thread above, his name is Pluggie. I think you are the one not feeling happy, looking at the way you type your words.
2)Then just send a complaint to WOTC and wait
Yes, in case you didnt read the thread again, Pluggie is intending to do that as written.
3)Whats the point of posting here?
Again, I shall point out you to read my earlier comments. I post here to ask and clarify shit which I do not know. Else why I post in the first place?
4) My friends more than your friends?
Hmm we are not trying to play gangs here. Folks who commented here basically need some actions done. We are all MTG players, we love the game and we stand up for each other when something is not right. So if there are 'my friends more than your friends' then what are friends for? Or maybe your friend like to sit and watch show instead of helping one another, I dunno if you should call them friends in that case. Quite sad though.
5) Flaming a fella
There are always ppl who troll in forum threads and 'flaming' exist all over the world. There are always keyboard warriors and heros. So why dont you just leave them alone and let it be? Arent you one flaming here too? Oh well you like to be a keyboard hero too? Just let us know, we will let you be, its fine to be one.
6) Telling people to do their job? You so smart then you do lor.
Refer to point 5. There will always be ppl who thinks they think they sibeh 'Kiang', 'GeyGaoy'(act clever if you do not know the terms in Hokkien, like u i think). Why dont you just stay one side instead of commenting if you are not trying to be one hero again. Oh well you just like to be a hero, i guess.
7) Who are you to comment on the standard of judges? You ever been one before?
Like I had said earlier, sibeh tired to explain to you, chuan sia( tired and no breath liao). I believed they are not judges themselves so that explains your later part of the statement. They are just concern on the level of integrity and ruling part which most of them are unclear of, hence this thread.
8) Just because a judge is nice doesnt mean that they are a good judge?
Hmm so are you responding to Pluggie comments on Clifford and Jinyi that they are not good judges? Hmm I can assure you that they are and if you would to ask the whole MTG community on this, I am very certain that you will probably get the same response. Maybe I should get Clifford and Jinyi out to tramp u with your comments.
9)Im curious ....... tooo long and I am tired to type your stupid trolling comments.
You curious then go ask a good judge who you think is a good judge. But be careful your good judge maybe not be nice in your terms.
10) Final point on your stupid comment on my simple post. Oh well I think the affected personnel had spoken up if you DO read other threads. And thanks for for your valuable advice: Pointing fingers serves no real purpose whatsoever because nothing said here is gonna change things. This one I agree with you. Thanks for your comments on my simple thread. XieXie and oh well I became a keyboard hero cuz of you.

+1
Burn your mother beat your house.
Vyrus
Recruit

Postby dookism » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:06 am

Oh my apologies, I was actually directing my message at pluggies comments, looks like it wasnt obvious enough because you seem to have jumped out of the shadow and saved him like how Spider-Man saved Mary Jane. Bravo.

To pluggie (better be clear in case mr super hero jumps out at me again): I'm all for fair judges, and it's perfectly normal to get angry or pissed if you feel as though you have been wronged, but getting clarification first rather than commenting on how someone is not a good judge is just not fair to the other party.

To mr super hero : don't put words in my mouth. I said a nice judge may not be a good judge and vice versa doesn't mean all nice judges are terrible or terrible people are bad judges, you seem to have totally missed the point. But it's ok, now I know your level of comprehension, don't have to say much anymore.
dookism
Sergeant

Postby Pluggie » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:19 am

dookism wrote:Not happy? then just send a complaint to WOTC and wait for a response or clarification. What's the point of posting here? My friends more than your friends? Flaming a fella? Telling people how to do their job? You so smart then you do lor. Who are you to comment on the standard of judges? You ever been one before? Just because a judge is nice doesn't mean that they are a good judge.

Im curious though, What is your definition of a good judge anyway? One who follows what you think is right and a bad judge is one who thinks your opponent is right?

My point is, let the authorities handle the situation. Posting such a topic on a forum and pointing fingers serves no real purpose whatsoever because nothing said here is going to change the outcome of things.

Number 1, I did not start the thread.
Number 2, did I flame any1? I was just posting what happened, and with this type of controversial ruling, am I wrong to ask about the standard of judging in Singapore?
Number 3, I said wonderful and fair, * what is my definitation of wonderful judges? good knowledge of rules, integrity, fairness, no biasness, is it too much to ask for? and I did say I am going to email to DCI regarding this.
Number 4, DId I tell anyone how to do their jobs? I am only asking a legitimate question, if its wrong, then why do we need the forum for?
Number 5, the fact is Jinyi and CLifford have been judging for so long and have no complaints, is it wrong for me to say that they are wonderful and fair judges?
Pluggie
Corporal

Postby sLaCk™ » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:32 am

So now play GPT must ask who is head judge first.
sLaCk™
Private

Postby bochup » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:49 am

@HAHAKUKU

U are quite yandao i must say...
bochup
Recruit

Postby manayar » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:28 am

sLaCk™ wrote:So now play GPT must ask who is head judge first.

After that must ask judge level what also...
manayar
Staff Sergeant

Postby mtgMint » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:48 am

I may not play standard most of the time but...

How is it possible to allow your opponent, who is sitting right in front of you, to draw extra cards and not noticing till he has "secretly" drawn extra 4 more?! Its pretty obvious if he draw one extra every turn or even worst 1 shot draw 2 to 4. lol somemore a deck with no card draw spells.

Just curious, did pluggie manage to win after the game loss was issued to his opponent?
mtgMint
Staff Sergeant

Postby Marilyn_manson » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:57 am

Coz he is playing mono red, not some control deck that need to be checking card parity all e time. And with that Kira start, I sure wont care so much about what my opponent doing until he resolve a blood baron
Marilyn_manson
Staff Sergeant

Postby Pluggie » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:11 am

I was winning when I found out, and the game loss was awarded to that game, and I won game 2 as well. And like I said, its called cheating because you intend to hide it from your opponent and hope not to be found out.

Is it my fault that I was stupid for not detecting it early?
Pluggie
Corporal

Postby urza1984 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:30 am

Perhaps you can name your opponent so that we know who this cheater is. I would be ashamed if it was a friend in my playgroup.
urza1984
Corporal

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: the Gathering Singapore General Chat