Welcome
Welcome to sgplayers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Penalty for drawing extra cards in a GPT?

Chat and discuss any Magic the Gathering MtG stuffs here! (Only registered members may post). Based in Singapore

Moderators: darkmatter, Dystopian, Magik, cowiedog

Re: Penalty for drawing extra cards in a GPT?

Postby monkeykongkong » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:32 am

Why do I have a feeling that he actually cast the commune with the gods, then took 5 cards out then suddenly u ask him about his hand size, den he gan cheong cos first time Gpt (my first GPT I sibei gan cheong also.. Cos PREMIER EVENT!!)... Which explains for his "fidgeting" movements (u know.. Gan cheong).. And then suddenly have the 5 cards in hand.... Or somehow trying to decide which 1 to take. Den accidentally mix with his hand when u call judge, cos you know.. Gan cheong... And

There you go.. His 5 cards to your 1 card...

I'm not trying to troll here... But what if pluggie (or any player trying to catch cheaters) is actually the person cheating?!??

Imagine opponent cast commune(last card in hand), commune is on the table, opponent takes out 5 cards from library... Den I suddenly call "JUDGE"!!! This guy seems to have more cards than me...yay 1 game loss to opponent...

Or rather in pluggies case(just hypothetical) after opponent takes out 4 cards (before the 5th), stop him and call judge.. And tada!!! You have recreated the pluggie scenario and got 1 game win!!!

Sorry Tuesday blues =z
monkeykongkong
Staff Sergeant

Postby Nicky » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:33 am

dookism wrote:Oh my apologies, I was actually directing my message at pluggies comments, looks like it wasnt obvious enough because you seem to have jumped out of the shadow and saved him like how Spider-Man saved Mary Jane. Bravo.

To pluggie (better be clear in case mr super hero jumps out at me again): I'm all for fair judges, and it's perfectly normal to get angry or pissed if you feel as though you have been wronged, but getting clarification first rather than commenting on how someone is not a good judge is just not fair to the other party.

To mr super hero : don't put words in my mouth. I said a nice judge may not be a good judge and vice versa doesn't mean all nice judges are terrible or terrible people are bad judges, you seem to have totally missed the point. But it's ok, now I know your level of comprehension, don't have to say much anymore.

If general forum is not for such discussion, then what? To discuss your mother?
Nicky
Sergeant

Postby Tourist » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:57 am

Draw 4x cards and failed to win. The cheater must be quite a failure. No more room for improvement to cheat in future anymore for this guy's name (Joey Kang) has been expose.

I don't understand why he needs to cheat.
Win A Box - shoik meh?
Win 2x rd byes - shoik meh?

Cannot win this week, just try again another weekend.
Tourist
Sergeant

Postby HAHAKUKU » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:59 am

monkeykongkong wrote:Why do I have a feeling that he actually cast the commune with the gods, then took 5 cards out then suddenly u ask him about his hand size, den he gan cheong cos first time Gpt (my first GPT I sibei gan cheong also.. Cos PREMIER EVENT!!)... Which explains for his "fidgeting" movements (u know.. Gan cheong).. And then suddenly have the 5 cards in hand.... Or somehow trying to decide which 1 to take. Den accidentally mix with his hand when u call judge, cos you know.. Gan cheong... And

There you go.. His 5 cards to your 1 card...

Dont you read that the judge and players involved ACTUALLY counted and CONFIRMED its 4 extra cards? You still dont understand what did the parties did to conclude that there is actually 4 extra cards?

I'm not trying to troll here... But what if pluggie (or any player trying to catch cheaters) is actually the person cheating?!??

I think you should think clearly before typing this statement. It really makes me think your stupidity stupifies me. You are implying that Pluggie is actually the cheater? Seriously...

Imagine opponent cast commune(last card in hand), commune is on the table, opponent takes out 5 cards from library... Den I suddenly call "JUDGE"!!! This guy seems to have more cards than me...yay 1 game loss to opponent...

You can try this next time if you want. Kaoz.

Or rather in pluggies case(just hypothetical) after opponent takes out 4 cards (before the 5th), stop him and call judge.. And tada!!! You have recreated the pluggie scenario and got 1 game win!!!
Sorry Tuesday blues =z

I think you should get the day off and see the doc, you really got some blues concern here.
HAHAKUKU
Private

Postby monkeykongkong » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:09 am

Well, firstly, I'm sorry if my hypothetical and imaginative mind made you think that I'm stupid... I'm just saying its a a possibility...

Given the inconsistencies with both accounts from victim
And judge, if the player cast commune, and while commune is still ongoing and play stops cos of judge call, doesn't that account for the extra cards? Assuming both players actually thought that commune hasn't resolve but what if pluggies opponent already went on to pick up 5 cards?

On the other hand, I really don't undst how playing a mono-red deck means u can actually play your own game and ignore what ur opponent is doing... How can it be actually possible that you didn't catch ur opponent draw extra 4 cards?

But having said that, I went to fb Joey kang, he does indeed look like a magician who knows a thing or 2 about sleights of hand and double lifting (just speculating out of pure gas)... And I rmb playing against him at GH.. Wasn't a really good experience. And I'm certain he's not a new player (I felt he was quite experienced in fact), so maybe acting blur here...

But going back to my point, I mean you really cannot imagine if one person cast commune, den he look at 5 cards(it almost looks like cards in his hands if he has no more cards left), and he just don't wanna defend himself cos he scared, and opponent just keep insisting commune has not been cast. So judge comes
In, conclude Drew 4 more cards, game loss to the commune guy... I mean I can nightveil specter someone with same sleeves, hide the card in my pocket and ask judge to count deck.. I'm sure opponent will get a game loss too... U feel me?
monkeykongkong
Staff Sergeant

Postby monkeykongkong » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:11 am

*correction* not GH.. I mean jcube
monkeykongkong
Staff Sergeant

Postby Marilyn_manson » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:16 am

or even better, take a mulligan and after 3 turns ask to count cards. Man, this game getting sucks or what.
Marilyn_manson
Staff Sergeant

Postby monkeykongkong » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:28 am

Just another point on the warning... I think it's fair, given that it's not just a competition between two players but against the entire tournament, both players have a responsibility to make sure game is conducted fairly
And according to rules... Because there's actually a chance that both players are in cahoots... So I think the warning to pluggie is fair from PoV of the tournament, but ofcourse it feels damn unfair if u were the person receiving it...

If u follow Monday night Magic podcast the usual head judge/judge of Starcitygames (co host of the podcast)open made two very valid points recently:

1. SCG OPEN, GPT, PTQs and WMCQ are tournaments with a prize stake higher than ur usual FNM... Certain rules, that may seem harsh or stricter to you, has to be enforced due to the integrity and complexity of the tournament. So every player has a duty to ensure that fair play is conducted.

I feel pluggie has certain responsibility to take here since it's really quite appalling that opponent drew 4 extra cards... I know I'm really sounding a bit crazy here, but what if pluggie(not you per say, but someone in ur position) actually wants to mill out your opponent and that's why u didn't report initially when opponent drew extra cards? Then u realise u are losing cos blood baron comes out then u call judge? (Again.. Hypothetical)

2. Every player must ensure that he or she does not create a negative environment for any players or judges in a tournament like scg open gpt ptq. Players should not wear offensive shirts that indicate any form
Of racism, sexism, excessive violence or reference to adult only material. Or have playmats of similar natures.

He went on saying how he threaten to DQ/game
Loss those players unless they change shirt or not use the playmats, all other judges at those tourney agreed...

so ya, my point is that some rules seem stricter and q appalling, but I guess the judge was right in issuing the warning since he quoted his reasons for doing so... He was simply (and ironically) too good that he followed the rules by giving u warning...

Again.. Tuesday bluezZZ
monkeykongkong
Staff Sergeant

Postby Nicky » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:30 am

When you cast commune, you open up the cards one by one and reveal on the table la. Shows that you ve been playing it wrongly all the time :lol:
Nicky
Sergeant

Postby monkeykongkong » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:32 am

Marilyn_manson wrote:or even better, take a mulligan and after 3 turns ask to count cards. Man, this game getting sucks or what.

Haven u met players that are like that? I mean, I know a player that has 8 cards in his hand during his turn, den without declaring end of main phase 2, or declaring discarding phase, just immediately throws off a card when opponent actually wanted to sphinx at end of the turn... The player claims "too bad, too late, I alr discard", opponent claims "but I haven pass priority what" then player says "so? Too late too bad I'm sorry please get on with game"

Zzz
monkeykongkong
Staff Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Magic: the Gathering Singapore General Chat